Monday, September 10, 2012

Vegas, My Sister 6 kids and Chaos!

 This June Heather & the kids were planning on watching  Teague for a week in Vegas while his mom Nicole was gone for a business trip. I thought it would be a great idea to for us to tag along! Arlo had been missing Teague something terrible and I knew it would make his whole summer to be able to go on a road trip with his cousins and see his best friend. I decided surprising him would be so much fun! I made a card with a picture of Teague and Arlo on the front and a map with our car heading to vegas on the inside. I packed up the car early in the morning and told the boys we were going with the kids to the park. Once we got there Hailey handed Arlo the card ( I wrote some cute little rhyming message that told him what the plan was and she read it outloud...
Hailey Giving Arlo the card and reading it
Arlo Feeling REALLY EXCITED!!!!
All of the kids before we left
Cousing ET showing Dylan some cool tunes
Hailey and Dylan feeding the ducks
Aunt Michelle and a very tired Sophie
Aunt Heather, The kids and a Donkey.
Turtles.
We did lots more than go to this cute little animal farm but, I kind of gave up on picture taking after about the 1st day. In theory the trip seemed like a great idea...and in many ways it was; The kids had a blast, but I did realize that I am NEVER EVER meant to have 6 kids! We were all staying in Nicole's condo, which was so much fun but really cramped. There was no way for mom to get any downtime from all of the chaos and after a few days I felt pretty crazy! Heather of course handled it with no problem and made me feel like a psycho ( I wonder why) but we did manage to get a night out just the two of us on the strip and we had so much fun. (thanks aunt Michelle) . Over all even amidst the chaos I am glad we did it. I just think next time I might either need to hire a therapist or rent a hotel room....

No comments: