Monday, February 23, 2009

Potty Training Day 2

Ok, so we started the potty training yesterday. Here is what I am finding so far

1. He has to be naked or he pee's in his underwear

2. He seems very apprehensive to pee in the potty. He will say "I have to pee" run to the potty and then it's like he has performance anxiety. It is obviouse he has to go really bad but especially his first time of the day, he just doesn't seem to go easily in the potty

3. We are making it at least 1/2 of the time to the potty at this point. Sometimes it's self motiviated-he notices and goes to the potty; other times it's mommy motivated. I notice and put him on the potty.

4. I am doing a lot of Staring and watching. Is this normal?

Other mommies; I need advice. Tips anything! Am I on the right track? I dont feel super discouraged at this point. He definately is aware and knows when he has to go. I am pretty sure he's ready and I am willing to have a few days of the naked pee fest but just want to make sure I am on the right track. TIPS PLEASE!!!!!

1 comment:

Amber said...

It sounds like you are doing great to me! Nothing would work for Ruby until that day we went to the park (remember the one behind up-chuck-arama. And it has all the creepy joseph smith stuff). As soon as she saw Julian pee then the next day she was potty trained. For the performance issue you could read him a book (works for Ruby during #2 because it relaxes her) or turn on water. Or maybe he needs a minute of privacy? Just ideas. Keep us posted!