Monday, August 31, 2009

Horsey Bed

We have been in the throws of major basement renovation for the past few months. Seems that we like to have lots of chaos going on right before were going to have a baby. We were doing renovations before we had Arlo as well. We have 3 bedrooms in the basement which is just enough for Arlo, Dylan and Clint& I to be right next to each other. We have just finished all of the rooms and have moved on to the hallway and living room. Lets keep our fingers crossed that we can get it done before Dylan decides to come. As we have been preparing to move rooms I have also been working on a special project for Arlo. When Clint was little his very first bed was made by his very skillful dad and it was a Horsey bed. Well, he has since passed the bed on to us and I have been working on it night and day to get it ready for Arlo's new room. I am happy to say I have finished and It has been a Huge hit! Arlo loves it and has been so amazing about the transition from Crib to bed. I think the Horsey made it seem so cool to sleep in he just couldn't wait to move to his big boy bed.

Here are some before and after pictures


Arlo getting ready to sleep in his Horsey bed for the first time-in his cool Spider Man PJ's of course!

5 comments:

Amber said...

That is such a great bed! As always, you did fantastic! I still want to see the finished attic. You guys are amazing renovators.

The Rockin Robertsons said...

JESS.....Hey long time no see...I got your invite off of sams facebook. I miss you guys. Cute bed and blogspot. You'll have to check out ours. Congrates on the new baby...when is it due?

Mrs Mommy said...

OMG. Jess that bed is AMAZING! You did a completely beautiful job! Arlo is so lucky to have you!

Anonymous said...

Welcome back to the blogging world... I have missed your posts so much, so I am so glad that you have a new computer! It looks like the b-day party was a blast...I love how you got to celebrate over and over again! And, I love the part about the asiago cheese bagel, he is my kind of kid! Your post written to Arlo was so touching. You are a fantastic mother and person. Good luck with all of the renovations. If the rest of your projects turn out like the darling horsey bed then you are ready to go full force!

Keddington Chronicles said...

Awesome Bed!!! I am sure he LOVES it!!! Good luck with your new little one coming soon! ;)