Saturday, July 31, 2010

Classic Arlo Moments

Here are some conversations Arlo and I have had this week.

How does the remote work?

Arlo: Mom you know how the remote control closes the T.V.

Mom: Yea

Arlo: Well how does that work ? I mean I know the remote has batteries that makes it work but how does the remote close the T.V.? Is it electric?

Mom: Wow bud, were going to have to ask dad about this when he gets home

Arlo: He knows more about this stuff huh....

Where is it we live?

Arlo: Mom what is this place? this place we are in?

Mom: Midvale

Arlo: No Midvale is in

Mom: Utah?

Arlo: No...like we are all in it

Mom: America?

Arlo: (Exasperated)
NO bigger, we all live here it's a ball

Mom: Oh, the earth your talking about the earth

Arlo: Yea-so how are we driving on it? why dont we fall off

Mom: Well buddy it's kind of complicated but it's a really big ball so some parts are kind of flat and gravity help keeps us on the ground

Arlo: What's gravity

Mom: (once again out of answers) well, lets ask Dad about how gravity & the Earth works when he gets home.

I am leader of lunch

Arlo: I am hungry when is lunch?

Dad: how about around 11:30

Arlo: no, it is going to be in 2 minutes

Dad: How come you get to decide?

Arlo: I'm not a stunt dad

Dad: (laughing) do you mean grunt?

Arlo: yea, I am not a grunt I am the leader of lunch.

Snugglefest

(Dad is sitting on the couch snuggling both boys)

Arlo: I have got to get out of this snugglefest!

4 comments:

Melissa said...

HA Kids are the greatest! Matt went to get Gabe this morning after his work out, opened the door and was blown away by the diaper stentch in the room and Matt says, "Gabe, you stink!" Gabe then immediately replys, "You stink too Daddy." I was glad I was not in the stinky room but instead getting pooped on by Benson... I love being a mom...

Lily Magnolia said...

These are great Jess!! Arlo is so smart!

XOXO

The Tucketts said...

He is hilarious! And a little smarty pants! I always use the 'let's ask dad' line too.

Bonnie said...

We have a Winnie the Pooh Book that explains gravity. We can loan it to you. Arlo would dig it I think!