Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Good times in Georgia

Our family just took our first big trip together. Clint's sister Claire lives in Georgia and has for the past 7 years and we haven't been able to get out to see them. We decided we needed to make it happen this summer and I am so glad we did! We had the best time. It is absolutely beautiful there, and it was so fun to stay with Claire and her family. They were such thoughtful hosts and did everything they could to make our stay a good one. I came back feeling more rested than I have since I had Dylan. This 2 kid thing has really thrown me for a loop. Being the perfectionist I am I have really been struggling to adjust. I have been so hyper focused on doing everything exactly right as a mother and wife that I have been forgetting to relax, marvel at my boys and enjoy the ride. This trip was such a bonding experience for all of us. I felt like we got to know Claire and her family on a more intimate level and I have such respect for her family and the way they have raised their kids. We had 10 days to just hang out, have fun and get some rest! I also had so much help with the boys. Clint is such a great dad and having him their with me all day every day was the best. Claire, Todd and the kids were so helpful with the boys. Anytime I needed extra hands someone was their. I cant believe how great it felt to have so much support. We did so many fun things, below are some pics of the highlights

Us at the airport and on the plane....

This is such a funny one. thank goodness for the fold up tray. This was Dyl's absolute favorite thing on the flight. The boys were so good! I was so proud of both of them. We had a layover, which was delayed and we sat on the tarmac for over and hour. They were troopers! we got a lot of comments from the other passengers about how great they were.

Pics of Claire, Her family and the kidsHailey has turned into such a responsible, beautiful and warm person. It was great to see herDaine is all grown up and getting ready for college this year. He is such a funny, intellegent kid with a great head on his shoulders. He is going to do great in school.The boys just LOVED beau-he was such a sweet little dog. Here we are in a little town called Helen. It was the neatest place. It was a little German town with a whole bunch of cute little shops and great German food. We all shared a bavarian pretzle at the beginning of our meal that was Amazing! Todd, Chase, Clint and Arlo decided to go tubing down the river their and Claire Dyl and I sat at this cute little bar, sipped some margarita's (Dont worry, just Claire and I) and waited for the boys to come down. Here is some pics I got of their adventure. Arlo Loved it! Here is a pic of Claire Todd Dayne and Chase on the 4th of July. They took us to their town carnival and Fire works show. Us on the 4thChase and Arlo going on some slides together
Chase was such a great cousin for Arlo to play with on the trip. He always took the time for him and Arlo just loved it. Since we have gotten home he has asked multiple times when he can see his cousin Chase again. Dad and the boys -all having a great time Dyl being Patriotic while waiting for the fireworksMom & the boys watching the fireworks-they Loved them

Arlo & Hayley with Sparklers
All of us getting ready & going to the Atlanta braves game-Both Dyl and Arlo were sporting adorable Braves Shirts and hats that Aunt Claire got for them.
Us at the Atlanta Aquarium-This place was amazing. One of Arlo's favorite days on the whole trip. He loved it!All of us at dinner. Claire took us to this yummy mexican place for my B-day. We had a lot of fun.

Sorry for the LOOOOOOOOOONG post, but this was a great trip. It was hard to leave anything out!

3 comments:

Bonnie said...

You are so gorgeous in all those photos! Love the one of you and Dyl at the end. So glad you had a great time. Fun to see the pics.

Amber said...

That looks like so much fun. I really liked the cute town Helen! I cannot, CANNOT believe that Dayne is getting ready for college! I remember when he was little and just found out about his diabetes! Wow, that flies by. They look like a cute little family- hey, kid of like you guys!

The Rockin Robertsons said...

So cute....Looks like a fun trip. I swear you look so great. Motherhood makes you glow and you're so photogenic. What a cute mom and family! We all need to get together and catch up. Hope you are doing well.