Friday, December 21, 2012

My Baby starting Pre-School

There were lots of changes around here this fall...my oldest Arlo going into 1st grade and my baby Dylan going to preschool! Dyl turned 3 in September, so he will be the oldest in his grade when he goes to school, the opposite of Arlo who is the youngest in his grade. This means I've got 3 more years until he enters kindergarten.  I debated on weather to start preschool this year or just wait one more year. We ended up going with this year. The main reason is I wanted him to be able to go through school with his buddy Chase. When Arlo was in pre-school he made best buddies with a boy in his class Isiah. His mom and I became friends and we are all good friends to this day. Her little one chase was entering this fall so we decided to send Dyl as well. Both of my boys but have been momma's boys big time and had a hard time at first with the preschool thing. I thought it would be different with Dyl because he is not as shy as Arlo was and is extremely social. I was wrong. Still there are mornings asks if he can stay with me. However, he has really become attached to one of his teachers and absolutely loves it when he is there. Every time I come get him he is all smiles and tells me about the fun things he did that day. It's just that initial separation he struggles with. I think having gone through it with Arlo helps me to keep perspective with Dyl. I see him really thriving and enjoying it there although leaving me is hard. This is the first time since the boys were born that I have had a few hours to myself a couple times a week. It has been really nice and I find that I am recharged when I get my little ones back. Here are some pics of my baby on his first day.

My Baby in his first day of school attire
Trying to humor mommy for pics
And he's done
Squinty sun eye pic
playing with the bus while waiting to start class
my baby sitting very apprehensively at rug time
this pic says it all

No comments: