Thursday, December 20, 2012

Starting 1st grade

 So this year was the big one: How does this keep happening? why is my boy growing up on me? Gone from me a full day??? I have to admitt, prior to school starting the thought of him being gone from me that long was giving me full on anxiety. Since this little guy was born we have spent the better part of our days together. First, I let him go a bit with pre-school, then a bit more with Kindergarten. But now it was the full enchalada. A FULL DAY. I think both of us had lots of questions, lots of concerns about how this was going to go. I of course tried to hide all of my reservations about this new phase we were entering and help Arlo feel positive about it. He was not at first. He doesnt do change well. He didnt want to eat lunch with anyone else but Mommy and Dyl. And everytime he would try to express this, his eyes would well up with tears, then so would mine. I would force them back and so would he...he was actually better at it than I. My little man, taking one more leap into the world and out of my arms. Well we took the leap. Here is my sweet, brave boy on his first day. In true Arlo fashion, once he prepared himself for what was to come, he took it in stride. He woke up and put on his brave face. I could tell he was anxious inside, but once Arlo knows something has to be done, he is the bravest little guy I know. We went through our morning routine, got some pics, and he was gone. Fast forward to december. He LOVES school! He loves his teacher and friends and thrives with the daily routine. I love having some time to myself and time to miss him. First grade has been a great success. I am just so proud of who my little guy is turning into!
Arlo all ready for school
Waiting in line
His teacher greeting them
My sweet boy in his first day attire
Arlo putting on his happy face.
Arlo and Dyl being superheroes before school


No comments: