Monday, December 15, 2008

Smile for the camera!

So, to save some money this year I had the great Idea to take pictures of Arlo and Ginger with my own camera rather than doing it professionally like I usually do. Can we say HARD!!! who ever has the ability to take pictures of their children and dogs, I just have to marvel, and ask how? do you drug them? By the end of the two hour photo session I was a raving lunatic and I have to say I was not being a very nice mommy. For some reason I thought yelling at Arlo and the dog would produce a happy and loving picture, this is what I got instead



Look at them! this picture says it all. Obviously I couldn't use this for a Christmas card that says "Tis the season" or "Happy Holidays". They look like concentration camp survivors! So, I forgot about Ginger and just tried to get Arlo. After a series of disasters involving a chocolate bribe gone bad (those who get my cards, look closely and you will see it on his face), I got some that would work -sort of and headed to the Walmart to print them up.
Attempt #1 I got there with my sisters camera and realized there was no memory disk. went home
Attempt #2 came back with the camera but with the connector cord that plugs into a flash drive. This should have worked but didn't. went home
Attempt #3 got a disk to do it from my home computer. Sunday morning... spent in hysterics trying to get program to work. Whenever I got to the part where you picked card designs the Internet sent me to some freaky art website that sold cards of Picasso's work. What the
*----! I didn't want Picasso, I wanted the crappy pictures I had taken of my son!
Attempt #4 I wasnt giving up, Screw Picasso! Sunday night I tried again. Finally was able to download my pics, choose cards and block the Picasso sight. I was at the end, ready to purchase my pictures yes! NOPE power failure-Everything goes black.
Attempt #5 Got to the store with pictures saved to a different device only to realize I had forgotten my wallet! But alas, there is light at the end of the tunnel. I was able to get the suckers ordered and pay when I picked them up.

WOW! what a mess. Professional photos are worth the money. Next year, its all about kiddie kandids.

3 comments:

Amber said...

This is so funny! I can so relate to you. I took my christmas card pictures, and Cassi's christmas card pictures. There is always drama! I'm excited to see the finished product!- What part are you on in Eclipse?

Andrea said...

That is a classic for sure.

Anonymous said...

Ok, this by far is the funniest story I have heard for a while....also, when I saw the picture I laughed hysterically!!! The best part about it is that you told me the story in person, so I can hear you telling it!