Saturday, September 19, 2009

Bed Time Rituals


Over the past few years of having Arlo, our family has developed fun little rituals that we do just to spice up the daily routine. I have noticed kids REALLY like repitition and things that they can count on. Over the past few weeks a very cute ritual has developed between Arlo and Dad. At first I am sure Clint thought it was innocent. I mean after all, all he did was mention one night before bed that he would stay in there with him talk a while. A few nights later It was still going, only they weren't talking...exactly.

After our usual goodnight loves and cuddles Clint hangs back with his boy and they sing, yes thats right, sing together. What you ask? Well it is really quite an eclectic mix. We have some good old fashioned Rock N Roll such as Deep Purples Smoke on the Water and Dead Leopards (as Arlo calls them) pour some sugar on me, mixed in with a few classic nursury rhymes such as twinkle twinkle little star and hickory dickory dock. A few times I have noticed Clint struggling a bit with the words to the nursury rhymes and he just kind of throws a few things in there. it cracks me up! he is pretty creative. Well, the other day Clint came home from work with an entire notebook of full of nursury rhymes he had printed out. He said " The kid remembers everything and If were going to sing these I had better teach him the right words or he will be going to school singing them all jacked up." (I have also learned this the hard way by mis pronouncing dinosaur names which Arlo later refuses to fix. sorry palentologists everywhere!) Anyway it seems that the Daddy Arlo song time is here to stay. Arlo just loves it and I love my husband for coming up with it. What a good dad. My boy-soon to be boys are so lucky to have him.

3 comments:

Amber said...

What a cute papa! Isn't it so nice to have a dad in your son's life that actually cares! Jess, we married well! I keep hoping that there are some baby announcements on this blog. Could you hurry it up please?

Anonymous said...

I want a collective "OHHH" from everyone! How cute! Joseph jacks up the nursery rhymes too. Maybe he should borrow Clint's book! :)

Bonnie said...

This is so cute, can it be cuter, seriously! For a dad to do that with their son is so sweet.