Sunday, November 1, 2009

Baby Dylan is a month!

Well cute little Dyl Dyl had his month birthday on Thursday. He has had one check up with the Dr. So far and the little chunk has already gained almost a full pound! So far we are just absolutely smitten with our little guy. Some observations about him so far...

He is a sinker-yep folks I finally got a chubber that loves nothing more than to sink his cute little body into the arms of his mommy and daddy-or anyone else who is holding him for that matter. Arlo was a propeller baby. From the day he was born he wanted to jump out of our arms and explore he was always flailing his cute little arms and trying to move his body. Dylan is a cuddly little guy. I love it!

He is a Grunter- Just like Arlo he seems to grunt an awful lot! he just has a lot of little grunts he seems to need to express. I think the poor little guy has more gas than he knows what to do with


He brings peace- I don't know what it is, but my little guy has the most peaceful little vibe. The minute he is in my arms, all of my worries seem to melt away. I am hoping he keeps this ability. We really could use some peace around here with our intense personalities!


He looks shocked most of the time-he has the most hilarious facial expressions when he is awake. He is very alert and he seems to have a shocked look on his face a lot. It cracks us up

He likes to talk to us-He is just a babbler. He seems to really want to have a chat with us.


He loves to be touched-If Dylan is upset you can bet if you just rub the little guys head or caress his cheek he calms right down. He loves the bath when I rub his chubby little body down with soap, and he loves getting his lotion on.

He loves to eat-This kid is hungry and loves nothing more than a good meal. I am lucky if I can get him to hold out for 2 hours in between feedings. And when he gets hungry watch out! he is mad; This is about the only thing he seems to get mad about.
It has been a lot of fun having you here Dyl. We are all very much in love.....









5 comments:

Amber said...

He is so dang cute! Thanks for the update. I have been curious about how he is doing. He looks like a handsome boy. Does he look like Arlo at that age? Did Arlo have dark eyes right at first, or were they like Dylan's? I really, really, want to come meet him. Ruby is still coughing, so I don't want to pass the germs. Dylan sounds like Zane as a baby, always hungry, but a calm boy. congrats again. Thanks for the update.

Andrea said...

He is so cute!!! Congrats. Hope I get a sinker next time too.

Anonymous said...

I loved, loved, loved reading this! I think it is so fun to get to know babies and try to see what their personalities are from early on. And, I think he is a gorgeous baby! You make me so excited to be having a boy!

The Tucketts said...

He is so cute!!! Good luck with the eating :) It was so great to see you the other day!

Bonnie said...

I love this post, so sweet. The shocked look pic is so funny and cute. Lucky mom!!!