Sunday, November 15, 2009

What's new and whats getting old

What's new: lots of cute new things Dyl is doing

What's getting old: My 3 year old's attitude and no sleep!

So life is crazy at the Dilley's. I am still trying to adjust to 2 little ones. I have had some pretty funny and not so funny days since Dylan's arrival. Arlo has been quite a challenge. He has actually been really cute about his new brother, but has been putting his Momma through it. It seems to be a combination of him being at the top of his 3 year old angst, which let me tell you, that has been a challenge; and having a new little person here. I have not been sleeping all that much seeing as Dylan is the hungriest little guy ever. I did have a miracle occur the other night and he slept until 5 am without waking up! It was like the best feeling in the world. Usually he wants to be fed like every 2 hours which is exhausting. I explained to Dyl that the only reason I am keeping up with his feeding schedule is because I love his chub! Clint and I have felt a bit like prisoners of war. We need to get out like you can't believe. We love our little guys so much but wow-they can take it out of you. Dyl has been doing lots of adorable new things. He seems to have discovered he has hands the past week or so and is mesmerized with them! he is sticking them in his mouth a lot and grabbing hair, shirts etc. He also seems to have found his voice and is trying real hard to talk (sometimes yell) at us. He is just making little ahh, agoo and other cute little noises all of the time. He giggled at Clint today and has been smiling like crazy. It is so fun to see his little personality develop. We ended up getting rid of Ginger. It was a hard decision, but in the end I felt like it was for the best. I have had a hard time adjusting since we got her a year ago. She was such a sweet girl but insanely hyper! it was so hard to handle, and she just wasn't getting what she needed. We found her a cute little family with another Boston terrier and they hit it off immediately. I think she will be really happy their. This post is short & sweet will update more later

5 comments:

Bonnie said...

Lets get you out of the house my friend. Fun to read the new things Dylan is doing. Sorry Arlo has been in a challenging phase lately!

Keddington Chronicles said...

I remember this time. That adjustment is hard. I'm sorry. It gets easier and easier and easier. Also, I've heard some people feel like this with 2, and some people feel like this with 3. It happened to me with my 2, and people have said once you adjust to that, you can handle anything. If it makes you feel any better, you have the cutest kids and a darling house! :) Hang in there!!!
-Angela-

S said...

Cute baby pics! Can't beleive he is getting so big. What a miracle that he slept so long. Hope he does it again...
Sarah

Anonymous said...

I loved reading this. We have all been there! (And, I think I'm about to be there again soon!) And I love the sidebar picture of Dylan...he has the cutest expressions.

The Rockin Robertsons said...

Ahhhh! Three year olds + new babies. It's Good times. I am right there with you. I need to put the smack down with Tage because he gives me a run for my money too. Good advise. You're boys are SO STINKIN cute. I am so happy for you.