Thursday, January 7, 2010

Lets say goodbye to 2009 and my fat!

So it is time yet again to bring in a new year filled with hope and promise...yes time to make resolutions that I love setting but have a hard time committing to. I have decided that less is more this year, so I have limited myself to 2 resolutions.

LOSE WEIGHT-I put that in all caps because I feel that it adequately expresses the desperateness of my situation. It has all gone downhill since kids and keeps going that way. When I got prego with Arlo I kept 10 extra pounds on that should never have been there and now with Dylan I have 15 extra pounds on top of the 10 I really didnt like. What does this equal? yep 25 extra pounds-and if I am being really honest more like 30-35 extra pounds. Sooooooooo, I have already gotten serious. I have been watching what I have been eating since christmas and joined weight watchers a week ago. So far I have lost 7 lbs yay me! I am absolutely determined to make this resolution stick-So I am committing here on my blog to everyone in the world (I know so many people read this-he he) that I am going to drop all of this extra weight like a bad habit!

PARENT WELL-or try to! My kids and my job as a stay at home mom are my top priority. I am lucky to be in the position I am and I need to constantly strive to improve my parenting to raise the most responsible, loving and happy boys I can. Bon and I have decided to start our own Love and Logic discussion group so I can be mindful of what I am doing and remember what I am striving for.

Well that is all lets see how it goes

4 comments:

Amber said...

Wow, you guys do have a ton of parties! I like all the things that you do. I need some pointers for next year. I like the little picture of Arlo patiently waiting his turn. I love those cheeks!

Glassett Family said...

sorry. I put the comment for your last post on this one. he he. I need to steal your resolutions. Congrats on the 7 pounds. But seriously, you just had a baby and you look fabulous! I like what you put about being a better mom. I think it is a daily, ugh...hourly, ugh...minute to minute battle to be a better mom. And you are also doing fabulous in that area!

Mindy Curtis said...

I did weight watchers with my dad a few years ago and LOVED it! Congrats on the seven pounds... my goal is 20lbs by May. Here we go!

Melissa said...

Oh fun! I think you should train for the SLC half marathon... That helped me get back into shape. It was a goal, with a real time line. Keep us posted. PS I miss you and I am pregnant or I would do a weight loss goal with you. YEAH I AM PREGNANT!