Thursday, January 28, 2010

Crochet-Not my best Idea

Soooooo, I had this crazy idea to take a crochet class with two of my girlfriends a few months back. I did this for a few reasons. I have had a major urge to become more crafty, and I have always wanted to learn how to make a really good granny square-I know that sounds beyond hard up, but it's the truth. The first six week session didn't go to hot. Although I really enjoy the art of crochet I seem to have a bit of a hard time picking it up...basically you could count on me being the last person each time to catch on. But I ended up just loving the class and crochet. So when intermediate crochet came up I jumped at the chance! So far I am still pretty amazingly retarded. I can't help but get down on myself for my ineptness. I don't get why I seem to have such a hard time getting the concept. After class tonight I just feel like I suck. I am having a confidence crisis over crochet people! this was supposed to be fun, and it is. I love to do it and I love what I am learning but why do I have to be so freakin slow to catch on??? I am determined to stick with it however and hopefully I will be able to learn some cool stitches and all my pattern attempts wont go like this last project. Lets just say this. I was supposed to crochet a cozy-you know like a cup holder that goes around your pop cans etc. and instead I ended up with a very large doily. Hopefully I will be posting pictures of some beautiful crochet projects to come

2 comments:

Mrs Mommy said...

I can't wait to see your pretty crochet stuff! I love to Crochet, but I have never done anything fancy like you! Good Luck!

Bonnie said...

I am seriously thinking of throwing in the crochet hook, or the half finished granny square. I swear it should be more fun than this. I am feeling negative too. Couldn't bring myself to even bring it up on my blog post.