Monday, February 1, 2010

I love my Little Man

So tonight while I was enjoying a moment alone in the bathroom (It can be a great place to go for a little break ) I heard a very loud cry from Dyl followed by a panicked hubs yelling for me. I run out to find that Little Dyl has had his first injury! Clint and the boys were up in the playroom of course playing something starwars related when the accident occurred. Arlo was wearing his clone trooper helmet on his head when he bent down to pick something up causing it to fall off and hit Dylan smack in the forhead. At first It looked pretty bad. His little noggin had a cut on it and it was swelling up by the second. Clint and I were in a bit of a panic, which caused Arlo to panic as well. After we determined that Dylan was ok and the injury was minimal we tried our best to reassure Arlo that everything was ok. My little guy was so upsett. Although it was hard to see him like that I was so proud to see what an empathetic, caring and sweet little man I have. As Clint and I were trying our best to tell him Dylan would be just fine, little tears welled up in his beautiful brown eyes and he said, "I was scarred that Dylan was hurt and I don't want to hurt my little brother, I love him". What a sweet heart I have. He is such a good big brother. For the rest of the night he kept peeking over at Dyl to make sure he was ok and saying comments like "Man that looks bad, but he's ok right mom?" I just kept reassurring Arlo that his little brother would be fine. I cant believe what a thoughtful boy he is growng up to be.

3 comments:

Mrs Mommy said...

Oh how sweet! I can imagine the concern on little Arlos heart! How sweet!c

Bonnie said...

How sweet! He is a great big brother. It is great to see the empathy from such a young little guy.

Sarah said...

That's adorable, what a sweetie. Bo punched a 5-year old in the stomach a couple fo weeks ago at McDonald's for hurting Claire. I had to tell him he can't do that, but deep down I was so proud of him for protecting his sister.