Friday, February 19, 2010

Ferber Update

So right after my wonderful post about Ferberization and its amazingness we had a minor set back....It was just me and the kids and I tried to lay Dyl down in his playpen in the office for his nap and it was kind of a disaster. Lets just say after almost an hour of me trying the ferber technique and Dyl still crying I caved and rescued my little boy. We were both crying by that time. The good news is I guess I am not a hardened mommy; I still cant stand to hear them cry. I was lucky with Arlo because he responded so quickly that I didn't have to experience crying for a long time. When Dyl cried that long it was really really traumatic. We haven't given up, we just decided to keep with the same location -in his crib as he did not seem to like the office, and to get the nights down really good then move to the naps. So the nights are going great! he's going down in his crib with little to no crying and then waking up 2 times in the night to eat. The naps seem to go really good if I put him in his crip sleepy. We will keep the fingers crossed!

3 comments:

Bonnie said...

That is such a good approach, start with the nights and move on. Good luck with the nap times!

Melissa said...

you are a brave wonderful mom. don't give up.

Anonymous said...

Thank you for this (and your last) post. I feel like I am learning a lot. I need to be reminded how to do all of this stuff and it is nice to have others and their advice.