Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Heres to a good New Year!

So glad its the new year! I feel like It is time for a fresh start and a great year. Things have been going good around here. It has settled down since all of the holiday festivities. I am trying to keep my resolutions simple this year. I always have so many things I want to do... but here are my top ones


Activity- I want to focus on more activity for myself and also the family. I have been a bit overwhelmed by this one since the surgery. Right before it happened I was doing so great with my physical activity, I was training for my 1/2 marathon and never felt better. I want to slowly see if I can work back, even if it's not running.

Nutrition-this is a big one. I am kind of jaggy with this. I just want to try and implement permanant changes to my families diet. I want all of us to get nutritious well rounded meals.

Parenting- I want to strive to learn all I can about how to raise my boys right and become a better mom. My goal is to read a book every olther month on parenting. I want to make sure I am keeping with my goals for the boys on screen time. For Dyl it's none and Arlo its 6 hours a week. We do pretty good around here with it. This is one I feel really strongly about.

I think I will stop there. I would like to do a lot more, but I know if I bog myself down I will likely not be able to stick to it....So anyhoo. thats the list. I have started out good. I have tried to do some form of excercise every day and I have been really focusing on getting the boys moving, even if it's dancing in the livingroom or running laps around the house. So far so good. I have been switching between the eliptical and the stationary bike. Doesnt hold a candle to running, but it's something. I tried my first Yoga class last night and that was a bit discouraging. I have a hard time doing most of it, which used to be a breeze before all of this. I talked with the teacher after to see what modifications I can make and she was very helpful. I am thinking I need to start with a senior yoga class or something...I think the most important thing right now is just do something. Got to start somewhere right

3 comments:

Sarah said...

I'm impressed with your goals, they're great ones. Your family pic is sooooo cute. You look great!

Mindy Curtis said...

Happy New Year! I hope it's fabulous for you!

Amber said...

Your such a good mom Jess! I like the one about the tv time as well. That is so hard. I applaud you for setting such good goals for yourself and the boys. Hey, do you wanna hang out on Monday with Cass and Nicole. E-mail me if you are free!!!