Sunday, February 20, 2011

Cant help lovin these boys of Mine

I know some people think Valentines is a lamo commercialized holiday where consumers prey on stupid people to buy cards and gifts... Well, I have to admit, I am one of those stupid people.
I like that we have a day all about love and expressing it to those I care about. I also like an excuse to decorate everything ( including my boys) with pink and red hearts. Although It is not the romantic Holiday it once was pre children, I think its even better now that I have little and big people to love and share it with.

We had a fun v-day this year. Arlo had a party at school, so Dyl and I got to come and celebrate with him. Here is Arlo, his teacher, and some buddies showing off their valentine boxes they made. SO CUTE!

Here is the Valentines Treats Arlo and I made for his class. He loved adding the food coloring to the rice crispy mix. He insisted that the boys hearts were blue.
We also made some home made Valentines for Friends and Family. Both Arlo and Dyl had a great time at his class party.At the end of the day when Dad got home we gave the boys their Valentines from us. Dyl got some crayons to write in the bathtub with, and Arlo got a Fraggle Rock video.Clint and I both loved it when we were little and wondered if Arlo would too.We all had a fun and slightly trippy time watching it and at first I wasnt sure if Arlo liked it or not, but it has turned out to be a big hit. Clint surprized me with a love note and some jewlery-you cant go wrong with that- ever. I love my boys and I am so glad I got to spend my day with them.

4 comments:

uncle lew said...

Jess, you are the cutest, creative mom! I love the rice crispy treats with eyes. I've also wondered about Fraggle Rock. I remember watching it before school every morning. Ruby and Zane are lovin' Tom and Jerry movies.

Amber said...

That was from Amber, not Lew. Sorry

Mindy Curtis said...

You are such a great mom! And you are still hot too. I am amazed!

Anonymous said...

I loved the rice crispy treats with the eyes added...what a great idea! You are so crafty and clever. And, I loved the picture of Dylan in the dryer...that is one of Luke's favorite places! And, how are you feeling?