Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Exercise is good!

As you may remember from my new years blog post, my plan was to get going with some exercise and get active. Well, I didn't get off to the best start. I Tried a Yoga class which was a bit too much. As a result I got discouraged & down in the dumps about my back. Man this thing has been really annoying. Last week was a bummer week. I was not feeling well mentally or physically, which has been the case on and off for the past few months. I was a psycho mom and apologized to my kids and husband more than once. Over the weekend I decided that I have got to get feeling better so I can be a good person to be around. I love my boys so much and I just don't want them to remember me as mommy and wifey dearest. So this week I started a grandma exercise routine and so far so good. I am just walking and doing some minor weight lifting. when I am on that treadmill all I want to do is turn the sucker up and run like crazy. I am looking around at the runners and I am wishing that I could be doing the same. But instead I look like I am on a walk in the park and I'm 80. But, the good news Is I haven't had any more pain than usual and I feel about a million times better. For the first time in a long time I can actually say that I am feeling really optimistic and I mean it. I have realized that no matter what I can do, the important thing is to do something, anything to move my body. I need it!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, I've been out of the blogging world and am just now reading about your surgery. I am so empathetic to what you are going through. That would be way hard. Sounds like you are doing the best you can...which does not surprise me. Love your list of books on parenting. I am excited to check them out.

Mindy Curtis said...

That sounds frustrating, but good for you!