Sunday, November 2, 2008

Trick or Treat-I LOVE YOU!






Well Arlo definitely loves Halloween and is a huge fan of the trick or treating thing. He went with his cousins Hayley, Ethan, & Teague. William (Amber & Flints boy) and Matt (Ethans best friend) also came along. We had a very lively group! The costumes were awesome. It took some major coercion on my part to get Arlo to agree to wear his Adorable Scarecrow costume I made him. He had other ideas like spider man, batman or a skeleton. I thought since the kid was only 2 years old I would be safe to dress him in something over the top cutesy for one more year. (Hey- at least he wasn't a duck like last year), but the boy knows what he wants and he is a hard one to talk into things. Next year I will fully relinquish my cutesy mommy costume Ideas and yield to his little boy requests. Once I did get his body stuffed into his scarecrow gear he was good to go! In true Arlo fashion, he was a bit tentative at first. He kind of stayed back to observe how the other kids went about this trick or treating business and then decided he would give it a try. Before we knew what hit us, the kid was acting like he was a pro. He didn't want mommy or daddy to help him. He wanted to carry his own candy bag (which soon became bigger than him) and he was galloping (yes full on trotting!) up to peoples doors. He was yelling Trick or Treat just as loud as he could and when that got dull would throw a few little comments that no one was expecting. My personal favorite was when He yelled "Trick or Treat, I love you!" to an unsuspecting door answerer-you can bet he scored some extra candy there. A few of the times he threw in a "Smell my feet". I wasn't to thrilled about that one but Clint thought it was pretty funny. All and all the night was a huge success. We all had a great time.

1 comment:

Bonnie said...

That is such a cute costume!!!!